The first thing I must do is apologize for the delay in getting this information out to the people. This is an extremely hard and discouraging recap. I am going to present just the facts here and will follow this up with the disgusting and shameful actions of three fake Councilors.
Under Appointments – Effective this month, Mrs. Lydia Colston will be the Lisbon Finance Director. She is currently a Senior Accountant/Senior Auditor with Otis Atwell in South Portland. She is a graduate of the University of Maine as Magna Cum Laude with a B.S. in Accounting.
Under Public Hearings –
1. CDBG Downtown Revitalization Grant Public Hearing – The ECD Director, Tracy Steuber briefed the Council on the benefits of applying for this grant. This grant is for $400,000.00 which the taxpayer will have to come up with $80,000.00 in matching funds.
2. Loader Bond Issue, Road Bond Issue, and Charter Amendments – The Loader and Road Bond issues were briefed by Ryan Leighton, Public Works Director. The Charter Amendments were briefed by Diane Barnes, Town Manager.
Under Council Orders, Resolutions, & Ordinances –
1. Dump Body Install – The Council voted 6-0 (with Dale Crafts excused) to approve $50,225.00 from Viking Cives of Maine.
2. Huston Street Drainage – The Council voted 6-0 to award the bid of $85.00/LF to Longchamps & Sons, Inc.
3. Request for Qualifications for Brownfields Qualified Environmental Professionals – The Council approved by a vote of 6-0 to solicit qualifications for Qualified Environmental Professionals (QEP).
4. CDBG Downtown Revitalization Grant Submission – The Council approved by a vote of 6-0 to have the ECD Director to application for the grant.
5. Authorize the issuance of up to $150,000.00 in bonds to finance a front end loader. The Council approved this by a vote of 6-0.
6. Authorizing the issuance of up to $1,500,000.00 in bonds to finance road projects – The Council approved this by a vote of 6-0.
7. Warrant for November 8, 2016 – The Council approved the warrant by a vote of 6-0.
8. Set interest rate on overpayment & prepayment of taxes – The Council set the interest rate at 3% by a vote of 6-0.
9. Write-off personal property tax – Muzak, LLC – The Council voted 6-0 to write-off the amount of $7.74.
10. Sec 90-17 – Holiday leave Personnel Policy Amendment – The Council voted by a vote of 6-0 to approve the amendment.
11. Route 9 Zoning – After a lengthy discussion and several motions and amendments the Council voted 5-1 with Councilor Kolbe voting against to add this to the Comprehensive Plan Review. However, Roger Bickford tasked the Planning Board to start work on the Comprehensive Plan now. I will be writing a separate article this weekend to explain what took place from by prospective.
Town Manager’s Report – Mrs. Barnes announced there will be a meet and greet our new Chief of Police Marc Hagan between 5:00-7:00 P.M. on September 13that the Lisbon Community School.