This is a recap of the Tuesday night’s, July 5, 2016, meeting of the Town Council.
Under Council Orders, Resolutions & Ordinances –
1. Striping Bid Award – The Council approved the contract to Lucas Striping, LLC for $16,000.00 by a vote of 5-0. Councilors Albert and Metivier were excused.
3. MMA Legislative Policy Committee Official Ballot – The Council approved the ballot with only one candidate on it by a vote of 5-0.
4. Brownfield Grant Award Acceptance – The Council approved the award of $200,000.00 Brownfield Grant by a vote of 5-0. This money will be available October 1, 2016.
5. Yard Sale Ordinance (First Reading) – The Council approved the first reading of the proposed ordinance by a vote of 5-0.
6. Banner Application – Positive Change Lisbon – This was approved by the Council by a vote of 5-0.
Under Other Business - The Town Manager alerted the Council they needed to start work on a Bond for Paving and Loader and any Charter Amendments that needed to go on the November Ballot.
Under Appointments – Mr. David Bowie was re-appointed as Chairman of the Ethnics Panel.