The following is a recap of the Town Council meeting held on June 7, 2016.
Under Council Orders, Resolutions & Ordinances –
1. Ch. 91 Article II, Policy Regarding Town-Owned Property Amendment – The Council voted 7-0 to approve as is.
2. Request to use Town-Owned Property – PCL – The Council approved by a vote of 7-0.
3. Renewal Itinerant Vendor – Mass Gathering – The Council approved this by a vote of 7-0.
4. Request to bid projects – Road Striping, Salt, PW Cab & Chassis, and Snow Guards – The Council authorized the Public Works Director to go out for bids on the above name items by a vote of 7-0.
5. Chipper Purchase – The Council approved by a vote of 7-0 to purchase a Chipper not to exceed $31,999.00.
6. Schedule public hearing date for Time Warner Contract Renewal – The Council approved June 21, 2016 as the date for the Public Hearing by a vote of 7-0.
7. Parks & Recreation Golf Cart Purchase – The Council had reservations about if a golf cart would do the job so they approved by a vote of 7-0 to have the Director to spend up to $5,000.00 for a vehicle that would get the job done.
8. Request Council Approval to Apply for FY16 HSGP Funds – The Council approved by a vote of 7-0 to have Chief Brooks applies for two HSGPs.
9. Coastal Humane Society Contract Renewal – The Council approved the renewal of the contract for $11,711.70 by a vote of 7-0.
Under Other Business – The Town Manager updated the Council on her progress. Ryan Leighton updated the Council on the Davis Street sidewalks. Ed Karass update the Council on the progress of the towns’ investments, MUNIS and Revenues for May.
Under Appointments –
Renewal Assessment Review Board (Cavender and Hale)
Renewal Cemetery Committee (Carver)
Renewal Ethics Committee (Danuski)
Renewal Library Governing Board (Golden)
Renewal Planning Board (Fellows, Lunt)
Renewal Zoning Board of Appeals (Morgan-Alexander, Rugulles)
All of these appointments were approved by the Town Council by a vote of 7-0.