Under Good News & Recognition – Miss Natalie Thompson was awarded the 2016 Spirit of America Tribute.
Under Council Orders, Resolutions & Ordinances –
1. Zoning Ordinance – Property Maintenance Sec. 614 & 41 (Second Reading) – The Council approved this ordinance by a vote of 7-0.
2. Town Insurance Bid Award – The Council award the bid to Champoux-Rogers Insurance for $90,036.00 by a vote of 7-0.
3. Tax Acquired Property Sale – The Council sold the property at 10 Gendron Drive for $1,000.00 and wrote off the remaining balance of $4,738.80 by a vote of 7-0.
4. Tax Acquired Property Bid - The Council authorized the Town Manager/Treasurer to advertise 29 Sabattus Creek Drive without a minimum bid by a vote of 7-0.
5. Cell Phone Discussion – The Council had a discussion on whether to pay for employee to use personal phone and get paid by the town or issue town phones. The Council decided they needed more information before reaching a decision.
6. Communication Center Discussion – The Council had a discussion on the Communication Center and Chairman Bickford made a decision to place the question on the November ballot. Chairman Bickford stated he wants it to be a binding vote but the Town Manage stated it could not be.
Under Other Business –
1. The Town Manager announced that the CDBG application the town filed with the state had been approved and was not entering the second Phase.
2. Liza Ward presented the Council with an update on Emergency Management for Androscoggin County.
3. Ed Karass provided a Financial Report to the Council.
Under Executive Session – The Council moved into Executive Session to discuss acquisition of real property.