This is a recap of last night’s Town Council meeting. This meeting is a must see because the Town Council reveals their true colors and it is very depressing. The job of the Town Council is to make the best decisions possible for the community.
Under Council Orders, Resolutions, & Ordinances –
1. Write-Off Real Estate Taxes – The Council voted by a vote of 7-0 to write-off $69.82 on account number 522.
2. Zoning Amendments- Route 196 Corridor and Villages (First Reading) – The Council voted 7-0 to approve the First Reading.
3. Nomination to MMA’s Legislative Policy Committee – The Council decided to take no action on this.
4. Municipal Budget Update – The Town Manager briefed the changes she made to the Municipal Budget. This still has an increase of over $500,000.
5. 2016-2017 School Budget Warrant Articles – The Council all eight articles by a vote of 7-0.
6. Set Registrar Hours for June 14, 2016 Primary & School Budget Election –
The Council set the normal hours of operation. “A REMINDER, THE VOTING PLACE FOR BOTH DISTRICTS IS THE NEW GYM”.
7. Memorial Day Parade – The Council voted 7-0 to approve the road closures for the route of the parade.
8. Mailbox Policy – The Council adopted the proposed Mailbox Policy by a vote of 7-0. This policy mirrors the MDOT’s policy.
9. 630 Lisbon Street Tree Removal – The Council approved for the owner of the property to remove a tree at 630 Lisbon Street.
10. Award Paving Bid – The Council approved the award of paving to Crooker Construction, LLC in an amount of $289,082.54 and the chip seal A/R SAM projects to AB states Asphalt, Inc. in an amount $110,217 pending final budget adoption. They also approved the paving not to exceed the proposed $415,000.00 recommended in the proposed budget.
11. Schedule Municipal Budget Public Hearing – The Council set June 21, 2016 for the date to hold a Public Hearing on the proposed Municipal Budget and the Capital Improvement Plan by a vote of 7-0.
Under appointments – The Council appointed a CDBG FAÇADE Grant Advisory Committee (8 members).