Last Tuesday night, our Town Council held a meeting. The following is a summary of what took place.
Under Council Orders, Resolutions, and Ordinances –
1. Phone System Contract & Network Hardware – The Council approved this by a vote of 7-0. This authorized the Town Manager to enter into a contract with Oxford Networks for phone service.
2. Paving Request for Proposal – The Council approved by a vote of 7-0 to go out for bid for $425,000.00 contingent on final budget adoption.
3. Request for Complete Projects – The Council approved by a vote of 7-0 to go out for bid on the following projects: Used Chipper-$15K-$20K; Culvert Purchases - $20K; Ground Speed Controls – unknown; Library Additional Work - $43,050.00. These projects will be paid out of Winter Public Works - $38K; Public Works - $25K- and Town Building - $5K.
4. Sewer Studies – The Council approved this by a vote of 7-0. This will cost $25,500.00.
5. Route 9 Zoning Change – The Council approved this action to move it along to the Planning Board by a vote of 6-1. Councilor Kolbe voted NO.
6. Amend 86-6 Town Disbursement Warrant Policy – The Council approved this policy by a vote of 7-0.
7. Amend 86-81 Internal Control Policy – The Council approved this policy by a vote of 7-0.
8. Designate Municipal Officers – The Council appointed Councilor Brunelle and Kolbe.
9. Fire Department Car 1 Bid Award – The Council approved the bid to Rowe Auburn in the amount of $23,668.87 by a vote of 7-0.
10. Set Date for School Budget Validation Referendum – The Council approved the date of June 14, 2016 by a vote of 7-0.
11. Set Date Public Hearing for 2016-2017 School Budget – The Council approved the date of May 10, 2016 by a vote of 7-0.
12. Cooperative Service Agreement with Department of Agriculture – The Council approved for the Town Manager to enter into the agreement by a vote of 7-0.
Under Appointments –
1. Appoint Election Clerks – There was a long list of individual that was approved by a vote of 7-0.
2. Appoint Warden Wards 1 &2 – Rick Roberts was approved by the Council for both by a vote of 7-0.
3. Civil Constable – The Council approved Randall Burnham by a vote of 7-0.
This ending the meeting and the Council moved into a Workshop to discuss the budget proposal for Parks and Recreations. The Parks Department was increased by $5,808.00 and the Recreations Department was increased by $43,487.00. This brings the total so far of $658,108.00.