Thursday, June 12, 2014

City of Oxnard Agrees to Multimillion Dollar Settlement


Oxnard Paying Record $6.7 Million for Police Shooting Death of Innocent Man

City of Oxnard Agrees to Multimillion Dollar Settlement
OXNARD, Calif. - The city of Oxnard will pay a local family $6.7 million after the accidental shooting death of an innocent man.

It's the largest amount ever paid by the city of Oxnard in a wrongful death case.

The family of Alfonso Limon held a press conference Wednesday to announce the terms of their settlement.  At the press conference the family said no matter how much money they get, they still have lost a loved one.

"He was such a loving person, we miss him every day and nothing will every replace him," said Alfonso Limon's sister Rebecca Limon.

"I just wish I could of done something different to go back that day and help my brother and get him out so he can be here
with me," said Alfonso Limon's brother Gerardo Limon.

Twenty-one-year-old Alfonso Limon was shot by multiple officers on Oct. 13, 2012.  Alfonso Limon was walking home with his brother, Gerardo Limon after working out at Pacifica High School when Oxnard police started shooting at him. The family's attorney ,Adam Shea, said Alfonso Limon had 16 to 21 bullet wounds.

"Police never told us anything. Once the shooting started we were on our own from there," said Gerardo Limon about the night of the shooting.

Since then, the Oxnard Police Department has admitted officers mistook Alfonso Limon for suspects involved in a violent traffic stop nearby.
Read more http://www.keyt.com/news/oxnard-police-settlement/26448674 

No comments:

Post a Comment